These terms and conditions are the rules (“Rules”) that apply to this INFINITI promotion (“Promotion”). By taking part in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Rules. It is a condition of this Promotion that all Rules are accepted as final. In the event of a dispute regarding these Rules or the conduct of this Promotion, the decision of the Promoter will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
1. This Promotion is open via the INFINITI UK website to residents of the United Kingdom, aged 18 or over, who hold a passport that is valid for travel on 3rd – 5thth September 2018, who have the right to enter France (either via visa or otherwise) and who comply with the eligibility requirements set out in section 5 below.
Employees of the Promoter, the Promoter’s associated agents and anyone professionally associated with this Promotion (and their immediate families) are not eligible to enter the Promotion.
This Promotion is also open to residents of France and Germany. However, residents of France and Germany must enter the Promotion solely via the French and German INFINITI websites (respectively) and their entry to the Promotion is strictly subject to the promotion terms and conditions applicable to entrants in those countries. These Rules do not apply to residents of France and Germany.
This Promotion is not open to residents of the Republic of Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.
2. Promotion Period: The Promotion opens for entry at 10am BST on 30th May 2018 and closes at 10am BST on 26th July 2018.
3. To Enter: (i) Visit: https://www.infiniti.co.uk/about-infiniti/infiniti-f1/ultimate-f1-racing-experience.html; (ii) provide your first name, surname, email address and phone number; (iii) answer the multiple choice question set out below; and (iv) agree to these Rules. A limit of one entry per person applies to this Promotion. No purchase necessary.
The multiple choice question: What is the full name of the technology that INFINITI has co-developed with the Renault Sport F1 Formula One™ team?
The possible answers: (a) Energy Recovery System; (b) Advanced Braking Output; (c) Steering Enhancement Kit.
4. The prize: A Renault Sport Formula One™ Team track day at the Circuit Paul Ricard, France (“Venue”) on 4th September 2018 for one winner plus one guest. During the track day, the winner will be offered the chance to drive a Renault Sport Formula One™ Team single seater car and enjoy a passenger ride in a 2-seater Renault Sport Formula One ™ Team car.
Prize includes: (i) return economy flights to Marseille or Nice for the winner and guest, travelling out on 3rd September 2018 and returning on 5th September 2018; (ii) two night’s standard double or twin room accommodation on 3rd to 5th September 2018 in a 5-star hotel selected by the Promoter; (iii) round-trip ground transfers between the airport and hotel and between the hotel and Venue; (iv) meals for the winner and guest during the trip up to a total value of £800 (or the euro or Swiss franc equivalent as of 1st September); and (v) any local taxes relating to the above items.
There will be one major prize with no runner up prizes. One prize winner will be selected from amongst all eligible entries received from entrants in the United Kingdom, France and Germany.
At the Venue, the guest will be a spectator only and will not participate in the driving experience.
Both the winner and guest must be at least 18 years old, in good health and fit to travel at the time of scheduled departure. The winner and their guest will be responsible for organising and paying for their own inoculations, travel insurance and other travel documents such as visas and must obtain adequate travel and/or medical insurance prior to travel.
The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to arrange flights from an airport convenient to the winner, but reserves the right to arrange flights from any other major airport for reasons of cost or availability. Flight times are at the Promoter’s discretion and will be confirmed to the winner once booked. The winner and guest must make their own way to and from the domestic airport and must travel together on the same flights.
The winner and guest must comply fully with the terms and conditions (including all health and safety requirements) of the airline, the hotel and the Venue. The Promoter will have no liability to the winner or guest if the winner and/or guest are denied entry to, or are asked to leave, the airport/flight, hotel or Venue as a result of a failure to abide by such terms, any applicable law or regulation or as a result of their inappropriate behaviour.
The prize excludes all costs and expenses incurred by the winner and guest not expressly set out in this section 4, including without limit: (i) overland transfers between the winner’s/guest’s home and departure airport; (ii) any other food and beverages; (iii) any costs and expenses required to comply with any visa requirements and health regulations; (iv) travel and medical insurance; (v) tips, room service at the hotel and any other discretionary spending during the trip.
5. Winner eligibility: Promotion entrants must meet the following criteria to be eligible to redeem the prize: (i) Hold a full, valid and clean driving licence (valid for driving in France) for at least 3 years; (ii) Height between 5ft 2ins/1.57m and 6ft 3ins/1.92m; (iii) Maximum weight 15 stone/95 kilograms; (iv) Maximum shoe size UK 11.5/Euro 45/US 12; (v) No pre-existing medical conditions; (vi) Strong understanding of the English language, in order to be able to understand important health and safety instructions at the Venue.
Entrants should consider whether they are medically fit to participate and should consult their doctor if uncertain. The Promoter reserves the right to ask for, and entrants shall promptly provide, documentary evidence to verify the eligibility and suitability of the entrant and/or their guest to participate in the prize experience.
6. Winner Selection: All valid entries received from entrants in the United Kingdom, France and Germany which give the correct answer to the multiple-choice question will be placed into a prize draw to be held on 1st August 2018. One winner will be selected at random by the Promoter under the supervision of an independent person.
7. Winner Notification: The winner will be notified within five working days of the draw date via the email address provided at the time of entry. Entrants must ensure that they check their spam/bulk/junk folders and ensure the relevant account remains active to avoid missing the notification as the Promoter shall not be liable if any notification is not received by a winning entrant in such circumstances.
8. Claiming the prize: To claim the prize, the winner must respond by email within three working days of the date of the notification, providing such information as the Promoter reasonably requests, which will include the winner’s county of residence. The winner must provide such documentary evidence as the Promoter may require to verify the eligibility and suitability of the winner and guest as set out in these Rules.
If the winner has not responded within three working days of receipt of notification, or otherwise fails to provide any information or documentary evidence reasonably requested by the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to reallocate the prize to a reserve winner selected at random by the Promoter under the supervision of an independent person. In these circumstances, the original winner will forfeit their right to claim the prize.
9. The prizes must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The Prize is non-transferable and may not be exchanged in whole or in part for cash or any other prize. There is no cash alternative to the prize. If any spending allowance included in the prize (for example in relation to the cost of meals) is not used during the trip, the winner and/or guest will not be entitled to the unspent balance and such balance remains the property of the Promoter.
10. The Promoter may substitute for the prize another prize of equal or greater value if, for any reason, the original is unavailable. The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the Promotion if there is any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or if suspension, cancellation or amendment becomes necessary due to any event outside the Promoter’s reasonable control. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, the Promoter reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. By entering the promotion, entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these Rules and by the decisions of the Promoter, which are final in all matters relating to the Promotion. Failure to abide by these Rules or the decisions of the Promoter will result in disqualification from the Promotion and/or the forfeiture of any right to receive the prize.
12. The Promoter and its agencies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry.
13. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter will not accept, and hereby excludes, liability for any loss, damage, injury or death arising from any person’s participation in this Promotion and/or the acceptance and/or use of the prize. However, nothing in these Rules limits or excludes the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for any other liability which cannot be limited or excluded as a matter of law.
14. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, by or via third parties or syndicates, entries by macros or other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to vote), and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Rules in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the Promotion, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
15. The promoter reserves the right to eliminate or disqualify entries or entrants (including the winner and/or his or her guest) that it regards as being in breach of these Rules or the spirit of the Promotion.
16. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for system errors or other issues that may result in disruption or lost or delayed registrations or winner notifications.
17. Data Protection: For the purposes of applicable data protection legislation, the Promoter is the data controller in respect of any personal data submitted by entrants in connection with this Promotion. The Promoter will only use, and permit the use of, the personal details supplied by entrants for the administration of the Promotion, unless the Promoter has obtained the relevant entrant’s consent or has another lawful basis to undertake further processing. For more information on the Promoter’s data processing practices, and to find out more about the rights entrants have in relation to such processing (and how to exercise those rights), please see the Promoter’s privacy notice which can be found at https://www.infiniti.co.uk/privacy.html.
18. By entering this Promotion, entrants acknowledge that the winner’s name and county of residence will be disclosed to persons enquiring. For the name and county of the winner, enquirers should email INFINITIpromotions@tmwunlimited.com between 13th August 2018 and 1st September 2018. The winner’s name and county shall only be disclosed after the prize has been validly claimed.
19. By entering this Promotion, entrants agree that if they win, they will participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by the Promoter or its agencies. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Promoter and its agencies to use the winner’s name and/or likeness for the purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation over and beyond the award of the prize.
20. Any website on which these Rules are posted is only intended to be accessed from the United Kingdom. The Promoter does not make any representation that materials relating to this Promotion are appropriate or available for use at other locations. Access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is strictly prohibited.
21. This Promotion and these Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. However, residents of Scotland may also bring legal proceedings in Scotland and residents of Northern Ireland may bring legal proceedings in Northern Ireland.
Promoter: INFINITI Europe, ZA La Piece 12 Rolle, 1180 Switzerland.